KOMA Parents and Students,
In accordance with the newly released guidance provided by the CDC, KOMA will no longer require their employees to wear masks at our facilities starting Monday, May 17th.
Visitors who have not been vaccinated are strongly recommended to continue to wear masks while inside our facilities.
We will continue to follow our current COVID safety protocols which include:
• Cleaning and disinfecting of high touch surfaces
• Continuous fresh air circulation
• Class size limits
• Hand sanitizer stations
Thank you for your patience, understanding, and support through these unique times. We are all part of the same KOMA family, so please continue to practice respect for others.
Please contact your studio’s performance manager with any further questions or concerns.
We wanted to provide some clarification and maybe answer questions regarding our response to the recent mask mandate issued by Governor Laura Kelly of Kansas.
Here is the link to the executive order.
There are three exemptions that directly apply to students, parents, and customers of KOMA.
1. "Persons age five years or under - children age two years and under in particular should not wear a face covering because of the risk of suffocation;" (Page 3, Line 3, Item A, Executive Order No. 20-52)
2. "Persons with a medical condition, mental health condition, or disability that prevents wearing a face covering-this includes persons with a medical condition for whom wearing a face covering could obstruct breathing or who are unconscious, incapacitated, or otherwise unable to remove a face covering without assistance;" (Page 3, Line 3, Item B, Executive Order No. 20-52)
3. "Athletes who are engaged in an organized sports activity that allows athletes to maintain a 6-foot distance from others with only infrequent or incidental moments of closer proximity;” (Page 4, Line 3, Item G, Executive Order No. 20-52)
All people entering a KOMA facility is expected to wear a mask except those who are exempt according to executive order 20-52.
All KOMA employees will wear a mask during open hours.
Following guidance from the Kansas Department of Health and Environment (KDHE), Ko Martial Arts has adopted the following precautions to keep our students, parents, and staff members safe.
Max Capacity Limits